Friday, July 30, 2010

It has been a while...

... since I finished something. This month I managed to finish Nora Corbett's letter "S" Samantha. I enjoyed stitching her very much. It was my first experience with overdyed floss but I did like it. I already have the first two kits of Nora Corbett's new series in my stash: The Stitching Fairies. They are also stitched with overdyed floss. I was hoping to get a lot of stitching done because my boyfriend was gone for 8 weeks, but unfortunately the weather was much too hot to stitch. My apartment is right under the roof and hardly isolated. So you can imagine the kind of temperatures I had in my apartment when I got home after work. I think it would have been a lot cooler if I had gone to the sauna at my gym ;-).



I also managed to finish this bookmark kit from Textile Heritage or rather I finished stitching it but the actual finishing still needs to be done. I love stitching but I am not so great on the finishing front. I will see how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful finishes! I adore the Nora Corbett letter series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Nora Corbett piece looks so lovely, especially on that fabric. I'm sure you won't have a problem finishing a book mark. There are several fairly simple ways to do it that are very effective.

    It's been a hot summer everywhere. I can't stand to stitch when I'm hot either!

    ReplyDelete